It's Time to Self or Peer Nominate!
In its fifth year, we are excited to open Remodista's 2020 Women2Watch in Business Disruption Nominations. These honorees are solving challenges that are complex and forward thinking in all areas of direct-to-consumer global business. This program helps our community of leaders and experts shine a spotlight on and think through solutions for problems that require innovation. It brokers collaboration between subject matter experts and creates a cycle of feedback and shared insights. At the same time, we help curate and cultivate pioneer perspectives and up-and-coming voices in business. As they hone their future-thinking perspectives, we plug them into perspectives, connections and celebrations that elevate them.
W2W Overview 2019
Business Challenge Examples
- Grow multiple brands by ensuring that the customer service side of social is coordinated with the internal service center using innovation.
- Work with large fortune to 500 companies to build programming central to the Midwest that will allow us to showcase our local technology innovation and entrepreneurs.
- Building new alliance channel strategies that align with the future of retail.
- Create flexible working relationships with my team and pushing the envelope in terms of "normal" or "standard" work practices that don't work for a lot of employees because of their lifestyle and responsibilities.
- Map out how to build a business that is community minded and gives back where possible. We can no longer rely on our governments to look after those that are disadvantaged and the business sector must pick up where there is a shortfall.
- Change the conversation on pregnancy in the workplace. Create a maternity wellness to support their expecting parent employees.
- Build a new customer experience with a completed rebrand and move into the luxury market.
- Build new business model focused on cannabis accessories. Educate others to understand the vast cannabis market including the types of cannabis, benefits, effects, consumptions methods.
- Enable meaningful financial inclusion of women through a vibrant entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem.
- Use algorithm for beauty helps online retailers provide smart, intuitive product discovery for their customers.
- Grow a modern learning platform as well as a employee recognition platform across thousands of employees.
- Transform traditional retailer into a digitally-savvy brand.
- Build research products focused on the intersection of technology and commerce.
- Grow sustainable fashion by bringing as much 'in house' by building our own sustainable factory.
- Create new boundaries for sourcing, packaging and being transparent with customers.
- Build sustainable manufacturing.
- Build a robust direct-to-consumer digital business to drive strategic value in the category.
- Influence retailers to use technologies that solve fundamental business challenges.
- Develop and implement processes that will make grocery stores more sustainable at an everyday level.
- Launching a new peer-to-peer retail platform, bringing micro-retailing to the disenfranchised by removing barriers to entry through simplicity, mobile technology, and new lending models.
- Grow a community that attract a design-savvy audience through a design focused approach across all aspects of their brand, product offering and user experience.
- Build strategies and ways to lower the freight cost and convert that towards building more workshops to provide more women and their families training to weave and more source of income.
- Harness creativity to give sustainable fashion a mainstream appeal to environmentally conscious market.
- Personalize the customer experience through personalization (AI/machine learning), gaining cross-functional buy-in, and scaling across the organization. Support expansion of 24/7 operations globally and scalability.
- Launch the next generation AI fit and social commerce platform.
- Grow a new business model that connect time poor clients to trusted and professional artist and beauticians.
- Drive change for a legacy retail brand with disruptive business models such as, a retail as a service pop up initiative, a micro influencer program, and launching VR/AR business. Capture white space opportunities that redefine retail.
- Growing a network that champions women in blockchain. Launching a digital integrations agency into the Australian market.
- Make recipes easily shoppable. Help the consumer eat better and save time, and generate data for the brand working with us - data on consumer habits.
- Recreate marketing and brand building using community collaboration as the mechanism to attract the right partners.
- Help retail leaders innovate payment, in order to, transform and compete in today's fast paced digital economy.
- Build and grow sales team. Work to create teams with a high degree of diversity.
- Deliver the best online grocery shopping experience in the US.
- Build and launch new commerce redesign and innovation strategy.
- Educate retailers and technology companies on how to work together to build future shopping experiences.
- Make recycled fashion the way to shop of the future.
- Build innovative in-store events and experiences that look at the future of retail.
- Create and apply the best concepts of large organizations scaled down to the organization's size.
- Transformation of a legacy brands to address new consumers and changing beauty industry trends including the fast paced of technology
- Expanding the company’s digital footprint globally
- Solve the problem of speed and quality for the spa consumer at home.
- Research, analyze and determine the most critical topics to cover. Identify and recruit senior-level speakers from large brands and retailers, venture-backed startups, tech companies, investors, consulting firms and more. Write in-depth descriptions of tracks, sessions and speakers. Shape the conversation that will take place at each event.
- Expansion to the US market. Build trust our brand through creating more visibility and marketing touch points, while finding good people to join our amazing company.
- Grow the only plus size fashion resale and consignment online, where you can sell sizes 12-32.
- Disrupt the antiquated investment banking research model by providing data driven conflict-free grass roots research to financial institutions. The best ideas are born on the ground not behind a computer.
- Launching innovation in the beauty space that speaks to generation Z.
- Create shared pop up shops, concept stores and curated marketplaces. Combat empty shopfronts on the high streets, and good for local communities.
- Assist entrepreneurs in turning their ideas into big business through an educational platform.
- Address the issue of fast fashion and pollution. We encourage our shoppers to buy less in an effort to empower them to change the industry and create positive movements in fashion.
- Define the on-going evolution of physical retail and how brands can not only create relevant & immersive experiences. Create an environment where brands are constantly learning and well position to iterate and improve just as they do online.
- Define, align, and move the fashion industry toward the coming paradigm shift across its supply chain — localization as the catalyst for sustainability, transparency, and on-demand customization.
- Revolutionize the customization space by developing a deeply personal design experience, enabled by innovative web and advanced manufacturing technologies. Allow the consumer to design products using their own photos or artwork, rather than just selecting color components.
- Document on-going evolution of physical retail. Share how brands can create an environment where peer-to-peer payment can increase revenue channels while driving adoption.
- Create fast and efficient delivery of large scale projects such as grocery pick-up, site to store, scan and go, Wi-Fi as a service, and in-store applications.
- Build retail catalog to manage millions of products. Innovate on partnerships with suppliers and manufacturers to manage data.
- Build a brand that makes it easier for people to live a healthier life on a happier planet. We have a product to make it easier for people to refill their reusable water bottles They can track their impact, socially connect and share their progress with others, amongst other features.
- Raise $25M to invest in tech that is disrupting the retail sector. Challenge is to grow the team and help develop new talent who can identify new startups for potential investment.